Saturday, June 25, 2011

Week 32 and Counting......

Right before our 32 week appointment, I found out that I have gestational diabetes.  Which stinks, but I am thankful it is something with me, that I can control, and nothing wrong with Portia.  I will have to go to a nutrition consultant to get on a strict meal plan and then I will have to check my blood sugar levels 4x a day!  And hopefully moving forward everything will continue to go well.

Our 32 week appointment was on June 20th.  Everything looks good, but the excess fluid is still there and Dr. Nilson took updated measurements of Portia, and she is measuring at 35 weeks and weighs 5.6 lbs already!!!!  Yea that's right..my baby is huge already!  And you can tell in the ultrasound pics because she is a chubby monkey :-)  With gestational diabetes, the babies grow bigger and faster....I started the meal plan this week and I am really hoping that it will help with her weight gain.  LOL I would really like to do a natural birth but now I am super nervous that she may be a 9-10 lb baby.

We go back to the doctor on July 1st, pray that the meal plan is healing and Portia's weight is maintained :-)


No comments:

Post a Comment